Heeeeeeeeeey guys!!! I’m soooo sooo sorry I haven’t done a post in ages and I know no the last few posts I’ve been saying that I’m super busy which actually I am!! But I’m very sorry that I haven’t been active on here recently, just wait in May guys when university is finally finished wohooo, I’ll be posting so much you’ll be sick of me. Anyways back the topic of ‘blush’.
So recently guys I don’t know what it is but I’ve been very obsessed with blushes. Like my makeup is not complete if I don’t apply Blush of some sort to my face. So in this post I will be reviewing some of the blushes that I own (creams and powders) and the good and the not so good things about them. I hope you enjoy 🙂
Before I get into it guys I thought you’d like to know that I’m more of cream Blush girl and not a powder girl. I feel that creams work better on my skin as I do have dry skin 🙂
First we will review the cream blushes
I’m sure you guys can figure out which product is which but for those that don’t I’ll let you. Top photo- furthers left is Bobbi brown, bourjois, rimmel.
- I’m going to go straight to my favourite one which is the Bourjois cream Blush ’06’ (in the bottom photo this is the 4th swatch and ’04’ which is the 5th swatch. Now I love love love love these colour, like look at the subtle shimmer in it!
- Soft and creamy texture
- Beautiful colour
- Glides on flawless
- Easy to blend out with just using fingers
- Looks super natural and beautiful
- Has the right amount of pigmentation
- Super cheap
- It’s super versatile- I like to use it as eyeshadow and on my lips
I cannot complain about these two shades because the colour is so me and the formula is so creamy and thick.
- Bobbi brown pot rouge for lips and cheeks- uber beige 28
- Love the colour, it’s not too dark and not too light
- Again it’s versatile
- It stays on all day and doesn’t wear away so no need for top up
However the only thing I don’t like about it is the fact that the formula is tacky and sticky and the price is not worth is.
- Rimmel stay blushed – ‘003’ and ‘005’
- I love thee shades for creating the perfect glow look
- Easy to blend and lasts all day
- It has a very smooth finish and it doesn’t even look like you are wearing anything. Looks very natural but adds the subtle glow
- It’s a thick consistent and it’s very pigmented, so a little goes a long way
Guys all of the cream blushes I got from fragrancedirect (online) because they are super super cheap.
Now moving onto powder blushes
- The shimmer in it is to die for literally lol
- It’s super pigmented
- It’s a beautiful shade
- Last all day
- When applying to the face it doesn’t even feel or sit like powder, like it’s untraceable when applied to the skin
The only down side for me is that it’s definitely out of my budget to be buying these blushers
- Too faced papa don’t peach
- Out of all my powder blushes this is my favourite
- It smells like peaches, once I open it I can literally just sit for hours smelling it
- The colour is so peachy guys lol, it’s just the colour a Blush should be
- I love spraying my brush then applying this to my lids
Only downside is that it is quiet powdery, so it does take abit of time to blend out
- Does not feel like powder at all as it’s very creamy
- Very pigmented
- Getting 4 different shades in one pallete is defo going to help you save money and storage
- I use this for eyeshadow too
The only thing I don’t think about it is the fact that two of the shades are useless because they are too dark. They are so dark that maybe I could use them as a contour or a bronzer lol.
- Milani powder Blush ’05’ and ’11’
- Guys just look at the packaging firstly, how beautiful is it. Like I’m a sucker for anything that looks like roses
- It’s easy to apply onto the skin
- Cheap and cheerful
- Pretty big pan so it’ll last a long time
- I love the colour, especially ’11’ as it’s a light pinky purple shimmery shade
- Looks beautiful on the eyelids too
The only things I hate about it is the smell and it has a chalky feeling to it, like when I was trying to swatch it, it would crumble. And you have to put a few layers of the powder on your cheeks for the colour tonreally stand out.
I hope you enjoyed this post guys 🙂
Heeeeeeeeeey guys 🙂 I’ve been really excited to be doing this post as I believe a good setting powders makes a huge difference to your end makeup result. In this post I’ve decided to list 3 loose setting powders that I love to use for baking under eye and lightly setting the rest of the face with. I hope you guys enjoy it 🙂
Before I start I know you might all be sitting there looking at The Body Shop powder and the Bare Minerals thinking ‘my god how dark does this girl want to go’ LOL trust me when I say that it may look orangy/ pink but when applied to the skin there is no colour 🙂
- Laura Mercier translucent setting powder.
Again before I get into it, I don’t think this product is all that they way people rave about it. In my personal experience it’s like a 7/10 and for the price I don’t think it’s worth it which is why I’ve only ever repurchased it once after. There’s a dupe for this but like a 8.5/10 dupe which is ‘the cornsilk loose setting powder’ and it’s only like £6 from Amazon. I would have done a review on it but I finished the pot and haven’t bought another one yet but guys the cornsilk loose setting powder is totally worth it. I’m going abit of topic so back to the Laura mercier setting powder.
The reasons why I like it:
- No flash backs
- Has a silky texture rather than a powdery one
- Keeps your makeup on all day so no touch ups
- Brightens up your under eye and the rest of the face that you have baked
The reason why I have rated it low is because it creases under my eyes a lot. A setting powder is not a setting powder if it allows creases to appear under your eye and I have to apply quiet a lot of the powder for a highlighted look and this can end up really drying my under eye
2. The Body Shop loose face powder (02)
A lot of you by now must know I am a huge fan of The Body Shop products, both skin care and make up. I don’t think they are given enough appreciation for their makeup products. In all honesty they sell high end products at affordable prices.
I love their loose setting powder soooo much…
- Does not try the under eye area
- Does not crease
- Full coverage
- No flashbacks
- Looks super natural
- Works amazing for both oily skin and dry
- A little powder goes along way
- Has a really nice buttery soft texture
- The colour is just right
- A range of shades to chose from
3. Bare Mineral perfect light mineral viel
The Bare Mineral loose setting powder reminds me a lot of the YSL soufflé d’Eclat loose powder due to its beautiful pearly finish.
- Medium to full coverage -buildable
- Does not crease
- No flash backs
- It’s blurs imperfections
- Gives of a really fresh and awake look
- Flawless finish
Let me start of by saying I know it’s late for a post but I could not sleep without doing this one!!
I would class this foundation as a drugstore foundation due to its price £15, I bought it for 30% off in the VIP event (love a good bargain) HOWEVER GUYS and this is a BIG HOWEVER, the formula and application of this foundation definitely matches a high end foundation. The Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF15 does remind me a lot of Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation.
I have always been a big fan of The Body Shop as they have never let me down and they sell really good quality makeup not just skin care. It’s definitely worth splurging a bit on The Body Shop makeup range.
I really really love this foundation because it’s has a beautiful, flawless dewy finish and in photos it looks unreal. It also has a really nice subtle yellow tone, which works really good with my skin tone. I did swatch a couple of the colours in the store, it turned out I was in the shade 05. Now I know I’m the bottle it may look a tad dark and I thought that but once I applied the foundation, it matched my skin colour perfectly.
Guys I’m pretty sure you can see for yourself the glow this foundation gives off, it’s unreal!! It really gave my face a beautiful ,fresh and uplifted look. This foundation doesn’t sink into the pores or any fine lines in your skin, nor does it look cakey or ashey and it lasts all day. I applied it with a damp beauty blender which I sprayed with rosewater and glycerine, to make sure it stayed in place.
I am really in love with this foundation (10/10) , I think it’s going to be my holy grail foundation from now on because I suffer from dry skin so I’m always looking for the perfect foundation that’s give a nice all rounded dewy finish and I feel like this is the one!
You need this foundation in your life!
The most popular questions that people seem to ask me about, is the right concealer for the right part of the face and what my favourite high end concealers are. So in this post I’m going to talk about 5 totally different high end concelors that I love to wear and why I love them so much.
The first concealer that I absolutely love is the Kevyn Aucoin skin enhancer in the shade SX02 (if it helps when picking your shade, I am nc20 in Mac studio fix concealer and nc25 in the foundation, I also have it in the shade SX04 to cover and marks etc). If I had come across this concealer first I wouldn’t have bought all the others as I feel like this is an all in one. I really love to use this for everything guys seriously, I can’t fault it!
- Very very very full coverage
- It is very versatile, can be used as a highlighter, to cover dark areas or spots or any imperfection, it can be used as a foundation as well when mixed with a facial oil or moisturiser
- There’s a wide range of colours to choose from
- Flawless application
- Blends very easily as it feels like butter
- Last all day and doesn’t budge or crease
- Can’t wear it every single day as it breaks me out, it’s to heavy for my skin
- Very pricey concealer
The second concealer is Stilla perfecting concealer in the shade c 04. Now this is a lot darker than my other concealers as I like to you this specifically for darker areas on the skin and under eyes. I apply this before I apply my foundation, just so I have more of an even finish to my skin.
- Full coverage
- Super easy to blend
- Stay on all day
- The formula isn’t too thick or heavy
- The shade range is really good
- You only need the tinest amount
- Once blended it can feel abit greasy on the skin
- You can’t go without powder! You need to use powder after applying this concealer or you’ll look like a grease ball
The next concealer is the charlotte tilbury The Retoucher in the shade 2 Fair. I love this concealer as a under eye highlight or if I’m just going for a natural makeup look!!
- It’s creates a super creamy but light, glowy look.
- It really brightens up your under eye in a natural looking way.
- It’s not cakey or thick, the formula is thin but buildable
- Application is flawless
- No creasing
- Hate the packaging it comes in, the twisty thing is so annoying and wastes product.
Now onto Nars radiant creamy concealer. Now I have a love hate relationship with this product because at time I just want to smash it because if not applied correctly it just looks a mess. For under eye highlight I’m in the shade vanilla and for correcting darks areas I am in the shade custard. Now I’ve stopped using vanilla for my under eye highlight as I feel like it really creases my under eye and makes my under eye look grey and ashi for some reason. However I do love to use custard to even out my skin tone before applying foundation
Pros of the custard:
- Easy to apply
- Super blendable
- Good colour match
Finally Mac studio fix plus. This is my all time favourite concealer for correctioning discolouration and spots etc. I’ve had this for nearly 2 years and I love it! I’m in the shade nc20.
- Long lasting product
- Easy application
- Formula is buttery
- Coverage is buildable
- Doesn’t feel greasy
- Really covers spots and pimples and discolouration
- Don’t use for under eye at all if you have dry skin!!!! It’s a no go
Overall guys the best concealer for me personally had to be the Kevyn Aucoin skin enhancer. I love it so much and like I said it’s soooo versatile.
Here’s a quick search guys of the concelor with flash and no flash.
Before I get into it, I know the title sounds a bit weird *cringes*, but don’t worry the only nudes you’ll be seeing are on my lips lol.
As far as I can remember guys I’ve always loved the shade nude for my lips or neautral colours such as browns and light pinks, I’ve never really been a fan of really dark colours or bright colours. Actually let me correct that, when I was at the age of 15-17 I did go through a phase of emo and gothic coloured lips with a foundation shade that was 30 times more orange than I am. I’m not even orange guys, I have pale skin so you get the gist of it. Any how so other than those two years of god knows what I was doing, I’ve always played it safe when it comes to choosing the right colours for my lips.
The photo above contains my favourite, favourite, favourite lip colours. They are not just my favourite because of the colour but also the formula of them are amazing! The photo under it, is the swatches of all the colours in the first photo in order of left to right. So I’m going to bullet point why I love each one:
Mac: Viva Glam II
- Very delicate on the lips
- It does not dry your lips out
- I’ve only ever had to apply this twice in the day, does not wear off
- Pretty, subtle nude colour
- Subtle shimmer to it- goes really well with a natural or glowly look
So guys if you want to play it safe and want a colour that reflects your lip colour but has a slight shimmer to it then this is the one.
NARS: Pago Pago
- Hydrating for the lips, I find that it’s really moist on the lips. Again doesn’t dry the lips out at all.
- There a gold and silver pigments in the lipstick which really gives it such a beautiful sparkle to the lips. It’s not extravagant or anything, it’s just really pretty and again the shimmer is subtle but it definitely stands out more than the Mac one.
- It has a more brown tone to it rather than a pinky tone
- It’s the perfect nude colour with a shimmer
- Only downside is you do have to re apply it a few times because the shimmer does fade after an hour or two.
NYX soft matte lip cream: Abu Dhabi, London- these two shades are probably the most popular ones out of the whole collection.
- A lot of people say that these dry out your lips and crack them etc, I can’t lie but yes if worn on their own then it can dry out your lips but I’ve found that if you scrub your lips before application and apply a lip balm or Vaseline or an oil to you lips, wait 3 mins then apply the NYX lip cream. It works wonders and your lips then do not dry out and I find the the lip cream lasts even longer.
- Doesn’t budge all day, I don’t even have to touch up on my lips even after I’ve eaten or drank something.
- I like the finish of it as it is matte
- They really make my lips look more defined and plump.
- I love the colour of both of them as they are not too dark and not too light, it’s a perfect brown nude
- It looks really beautiful on all skin tones – light, medium and dark
- I love the colours so much that I like to wear it as a lipgloss. Once I’ve applied the lip cream, I then go over it with a clear lip gloss.
I feel like these NYX soft matte lip creams are the best matte liquid lipstick I have tried because they are so versatile and the formula is so buttery.
BareMinerals Purely Brilliant– Smoorh Burgandy
- This is my favourite favourite colour and my favourite formula. I love the formula of this, it’s amazing. I love it so much that I went and stocked up and bought two more lol.
- This colour is a lot darker than all the rest, it’s more of a plum/ red wine colour but it has like brown tone to it.
- It last all day, budge proof, water proof. You name it guys. I can happily apply this at 9am knowing that at 9pm it’ll look the same
- The formaul is smooth, silky and slightly buttery
- Keeps lips hydrated and plumped
- It’s a really beautiful colour for Autumn especially.
Make Up Forever Lab Shine Diamond Collection – D16
- This is a shimmery lipgloss unlike the rest which are liquid lipsticks or a normal lipstick
- It isn’t sticky at all, it glides onto your lips so smoothly
- It has really really beautiful gold specks in the formula
- Smells of peaches
- Normally with lip glosses I have to apply it like 4 times during the day, whereas this one I’ve only applied twice during the day
- It’s very versatile- I like to use it as a eyeshadow, in my inner eye corners and I sometimes when applied to my lips I like to apply some powder over it to make it matte
- The actually colour of the lipgloss is a light peach colour- I love this colour for the summer. It looks really beautiful on olive skin tones
NYX Liquid Suede cream lipstick- 07
- Very thick and buttery
- You don’t have to keep applying it to build full coverage, one coat is more than enough
- Last all day
- Does not dry out the lips
- It comes in a large tube, lasts forever
- Pinky brown shade
- Only downside is the applicator brush is abit big
NYX lingerie– 06
- I wasn’t really a big fan of these to start of with, I found them to be very drying and my lips would crack, now I don’t know if they’ve switched up the formula or if it’s because I’m applying lip balm before it but it doesn’t dry out my lips anymore.
- It isn’t sticky, I find it to be smooth on my lips
- It dries Matte which I like
- The consistency is thick and buttery again
- I love the colour of it as it’s a dark peachy pink colour, I find I can wear this colour with anything and again it’s very beautiful when coated with a clear lipgloss
- The only downside is it dries out very fast in the bottle so make sure you screw the lid on tightly.