The most popular questions that people seem to ask me about, is the right concealer for the right part of the face and what my favourite high end concealers are. So in this post I’m going to talk about 5 totally different high end concelors that I love to wear and why I love them so much.
The first concealer that I absolutely love is the Kevyn Aucoin skin enhancer in the shade SX02 (if it helps when picking your shade, I am nc20 in Mac studio fix concealer and nc25 in the foundation, I also have it in the shade SX04 to cover and marks etc). If I had come across this concealer first I wouldn’t have bought all the others as I feel like this is an all in one. I really love to use this for everything guys seriously, I can’t fault it!
- Very very very full coverage
- It is very versatile, can be used as a highlighter, to cover dark areas or spots or any imperfection, it can be used as a foundation as well when mixed with a facial oil or moisturiser
- There’s a wide range of colours to choose from
- Flawless application
- Blends very easily as it feels like butter
- Last all day and doesn’t budge or crease
- Can’t wear it every single day as it breaks me out, it’s to heavy for my skin
- Very pricey concealer
The second concealer is Stilla perfecting concealer in the shade c 04. Now this is a lot darker than my other concealers as I like to you this specifically for darker areas on the skin and under eyes. I apply this before I apply my foundation, just so I have more of an even finish to my skin.
- Full coverage
- Super easy to blend
- Stay on all day
- The formula isn’t too thick or heavy
- The shade range is really good
- You only need the tinest amount
- Once blended it can feel abit greasy on the skin
- You can’t go without powder! You need to use powder after applying this concealer or you’ll look like a grease ball
The next concealer is the charlotte tilbury The Retoucher in the shade 2 Fair. I love this concealer as a under eye highlight or if I’m just going for a natural makeup look!!
- It’s creates a super creamy but light, glowy look.
- It really brightens up your under eye in a natural looking way.
- It’s not cakey or thick, the formula is thin but buildable
- Application is flawless
- No creasing
- Hate the packaging it comes in, the twisty thing is so annoying and wastes product.
Now onto Nars radiant creamy concealer. Now I have a love hate relationship with this product because at time I just want to smash it because if not applied correctly it just looks a mess. For under eye highlight I’m in the shade vanilla and for correcting darks areas I am in the shade custard. Now I’ve stopped using vanilla for my under eye highlight as I feel like it really creases my under eye and makes my under eye look grey and ashi for some reason. However I do love to use custard to even out my skin tone before applying foundation
Pros of the custard:
- Easy to apply
- Super blendable
- Good colour match
Finally Mac studio fix plus. This is my all time favourite concealer for correctioning discolouration and spots etc. I’ve had this for nearly 2 years and I love it! I’m in the shade nc20.
- Long lasting product
- Easy application
- Formula is buttery
- Coverage is buildable
- Doesn’t feel greasy
- Really covers spots and pimples and discolouration
- Don’t use for under eye at all if you have dry skin!!!! It’s a no go
Overall guys the best concealer for me personally had to be the Kevyn Aucoin skin enhancer. I love it so much and like I said it’s soooo versatile.
Here’s a quick search guys of the concelor with flash and no flash.